Wednesday newsletters at all times function a lodge or flight evaluation.
Final September, I used to be presupposed to journey to French Polynesia for a vacation of a lifetime. Sadly, because of the ongoing pandemic, that journey was cancelled two weeks previous to departure, so I needed to search for a final minute vacation elsewhere. Ultimately, I select Spain as a journey vacation spot, the place I loved a beautiful time, regardless of some unusually wet and dreadful climate. You’ll be able to learn my journey stories right here:
At present: Overview of Hacienda Na Xamena
Formally opened in 1971, Hacienda Na Xamena was the primary 5-star lodge in Ibiza and the bohemian model property nonetheless delivers. The lodge enjoys a spectacular location within the coronary heart of a preserved pure park, suspended on jagged coastal cliffs 180m (600 ft) above the ocean stage. The vast majority of the 77 rooms and suites have sea views, profiting from the magnificent location, and all of them function a Jacuzzi and trendy seated areas. With two swimming swimming pools, there’s countless area to unwind as you recline on one of many comfy and trendy sunbeds and gaze on the unimaginable views. The lodge’s La Posidonia Spa affords unique remedies and therapies for lodge company and guests alike. The lodge can also be house to one of many island’s greatest eating venues – Eden restaurant – the place dishes are ready with the best native and seasonal substances according to the lodge’s “pure” philosophy.
Hacienda Na Xamena options in my prime 10 record of one of the best luxurious resorts in Ibiza.
Have you ever ever stayed at Hacienda Na Xamena? If that’s the case, what was your expertise? Depart a remark.
On this evaluation (extra data and images beneath my Youtube clip & slideshow):
PROS & THINGS I LIKE
- Hacienda Na Xamena enjoys a tranquil setting on the northern shores of Ibiza, which is completely completely different in comparison with the island’s south aspect. The sleepier north of Ibiza affords vacationers unspoiled nature, a rural countryside, genuine villages and bohemian traditions, whereas the busier south aspect – solely a 30 minute drive away – is known for its frenetic nightlife and 24 hour occasion ambiance. Its coveted location is without doubt one of the lodge’s most important attracts: the property is situated on the finish of a slender, winding highway that runs by means of thick pine tree forests and there’s not a lot close by, aside from the picturesque little village of Sant Miquel and its close by seashores. The airport is a 30-minute drive from the property.
- Hacienda Na Xamena enjoys a spectacular location, that leaves company with an unimaginable feeling of awe. The property is constructed atop a towering cliff, 180 m (590 ft) above sea stage. Taking full benefit of this unimaginable location, most public lodge areas in addition to nearly all of the rooms and suites supply unobstructed and breathtaking views of a powerful cove and the shimmering Mediterranean Sea past. In the course of the summer time months, the panoramic view from the resort additionally completely frames the sundown on the horizon between the towering cliffsides of the cove. On account of its location within the coronary heart of a preserved pure park and its heart-stopping view, the resort is the proper vacation vacation spot for vacationers who search serenity and calm.
- Within the late sixties, Ibiza was very completely different from in the present day. The native residents lived remoted from the world, with just one ferry to hitch the mainland per week. Then, the artists and hippies – on the lookout for an enlightened life-style nearer to nature – grew within the “Jewel of the Balearic islands”. It was throughout this time that Belgian architect Daniel Lipszyc and his spouse fell in love with this genuine and unspoilt model of Ibiza. In 1969 they began the development of a lodge. It was a job for an actual pioneer as there have been no roads, water, electrical energy or phone strains on the time. Hacienda Na Xamena formally opened in 1971, and rapidly grew to become the most luxurious lodge on Ibiza, additionally buying its title and fame by means of its clientele, photograph shoots, motion pictures, and TV sequence.
- Though Haciende Na Xamena has undergone a number of refurbishments since its opening greater than 50 years in the past, its pretty design nonetheless exudes an genuine, hippie Ibiza really feel. The property feels extra like a residence than a lodge, with a number of light-filled rooms and a beautiful conventional tiled Spanish courtyard main down from the reception space to the pool deck, the social coronary heart of the resort. Completely mixing within the blue and inexperienced hues of the encircling Mediterranean landscapes, the interiors function a mixture of Asian-inspired design parts and conventional Ballearic structure. A set of sheep statues within the foyer, Buddha statues within the public areas and colourful murals within the visitor room corridors add a unusual and playful contact to the decor.
- Hacienda Na Xamena options 77 attractive rooms and suites, most of them coming with sea views. Commonplace and Superior rooms have sizzling tubs, whereas rooms within the Eden class have non-public gardens with a plunge pool. Throughout my vacation, I stayed in a Commonplace room. The decently sized, all-white room featured a kingsize mattress, daybed, recliner, and in-room bathtub (strategically positioned alongside the window). The small ensuite lavatory was geared up with one sink, a walk-in bathe, and a separate rest room cabin. The main target of the room was on the exceptional sea views, with floor-to-ceiling home windows bringing the outside in. There was a additionally a small furnished terrace, which was excellent for enjoyable with a guide whereas taking within the unimaginable vistas.
- Visitors can select to spend the day at three swimming pools (two out of doors and one indoor). The primary lagoon-shaped pool is situated alongside the lodge’s brick watch-tower and is sustainably heated through photo voltaic panels on the lodge’s roof. The pool is lined by palms bushes and surrounded by a number of terraced lounge areas, with sunbeds both going through the pool (and east) or the terrific views (and west). A number of steps down from the principle pool deck is one other smaller pool for people who favor much more tranquility. The indoor pool is for when it’s a bit chilly outdoors or whenever you need to swim targeted, and may also be utilized by youngsters (beneath grownup supervision) who need to make noise with out disturbing the peaceable vibe of the out of doors terrace.
- Hacienda Na Xamena affords three eating venues, all of which serve scrumptious meals.
- A hearty à la carte breakfast is served each morning by the pool at Cascadas Restaurant (8 am to 11 am). All kinds of worldwide and native delicatessens is served, together with heat dishes equivalent to pancakes and crepes, and all kind of egg preparations.
- In the course of the day, lunch is served at ‘At The Pool’ Restaurant, which affords a easy and attractive menu with classics equivalent to avocado salads, hamburgers or membership sandwiches, but additionally lighter vegetarian choices, equivalent to delicate tapas.
- Eden Restaurant – the lodge’s signature eating venue – options a number of terraces with expansive views of the ocean and sundown.
- Hacienda Na Xamena is house to among the finest wellness facilities of Ibiza. Known as La Posidonia, the spa affords a big number of physique and face remedies, in addition to domestically impressed rituals aimed toward restoring the steadiness of forces and energies. A crew of pros will enable you create your individual private remedy program to calm down and make you neglect the hectic every day life whereas providing a world of sensations for thoughts and physique. The spa’s spotlight is the “Cascadas Suspendidas”, a thalassotherapy circuit distinctive within the wellness world. This out of doors remedy complicated consisting of 8 completely different mini-pools, heated at three completely different temperatures, offering excessive strain jet therapeutic massage from head to toes.
CONS & THINGS TO KNOW
- The lodge’s distant location atop a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean Sea will enchantment to company looking for peace and quiet. Nonetheless, the property is faraway from the whole lot and also you’ll want a automotive (or take a taxi) to discover Ibiza’s seashores, eating places, and sights. The closest city is a minimum of a 10-minute drive away, and the island’s south aspect – well-known for its occasion scene – is a 30 min experience away.
- Hacienda Na Xamena is an older property: it has been welcoming company for the reason that early seventies. Nonetheless, that ought to not deter you from reserving a keep right here because the property has undergone a number of in depth refurbishments since then, and the classic decor exudes an important, considerably bohemian vibe. However, there are just a few areas the place the lodge is displaying some put on and tear (e.g. the decor of the loos).
- Hacienda Na Xamena is certainly one of Ibiza’s most costly resorts. In excessive seasons, room charges begin at 500 euros per evening, and it’s restaurant is without doubt one of the extra dear eating venues on the island. Nonetheless, IMHO, it’s cash properly spent because you’re paying for a wonderful location and nice amenities. And it’s nonetheless solely half the speed charged by its solely actual competitor on the island, Six Senses Ibiza (a resort which has many points, as I reviewed right here)
- Location: 9/10
- Design: 8/10
- Pool: 9/10
- Rooms: 8/10
- Meals: 9/10
- Breakfast: 8/10
- Spa: 8/10
- Service: 9/10
- Worth for cash: 8/10
- Total expertise: superb 8.4/10
TIPS FOR FUTURE GUESTS & SAVE MONEY
- Lower your expenses: learn right here my ideas for getting one of the best deal at a luxurious lodge like Hacienda Na Xamena (and/or obtain many free perks).
- Learn my ideas for getting ready your journey in time.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
The very best time to go to Ibiza is throughout the summer time months, from late Could by means of early October, when temperatures are sizzling and the events are even hotter. Anticipate a lot of motion, loads of vacationers, and costly lodge charges. Go to late spring or early fall to keep away from the most important crowds and the most well liked temperatures.
HOW TO GET THERE
Hacienda Na Xamena is situated half-hour from the airport. Verify the Wikipedia web page of Ibiza Airport for an up to date record of airways that supply direct flights to Ibiza.
Under is a collection of my images of Hacienda Na Xamena. To view extra lodge images (together with meals), click on right here.
*** Observe me on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter or Fb for a every day second of journey inspiration ***